How to speak German Faster
German as a foreign language!
In order to speak fluent German, you need to practice it
- No tones, as there are in Chinese or Thai
- No liaisons between words, as there are in French
- Many of the same letters as English, unlike Japanese or Korean
- No post position or preposition suffixes, like in Hungarian or Turkish
- No strings of difficult-to-pronounce consonants like in Czech.
- On top of that, many parts of German grammar are the same as English since they are both part of the Germanic family of languages.
- To have conversations with German speaking family members
- To find a job in a German company (Germany is one of the biggest economies in the world)
- To speak with natives as you travel in the heart of Europe
- To read the classics of German literature (think Johann Wolfgang von Goethe,
- Herman Hesse and Franz Kafka)
- To get an inside view of German culture